Tabatchnick's been in business more than 100 years, using family recipes for a frozen soup and shelf soup line that includes organic, low-calorie, and gluten-free soups and more -- even mac and cheese. There are also Kosher varieties if that is something to consider in your home. With over 3 dozen delicious varieties, I was excited to give this a try. I used the store finder provided on the Tabatchnick Soup Website, and found out that my usual Harris Teeter is a seller of Tabatchnick Frozen Soups. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that they only had 3 varieties to choose from at the store I went to. I'm hoping they soon carry more, as I'd love to try out the potato, mac & cheese, and black bean varieties. Anyway, I selected the Vegetable Soup, heated it up, and enjoyed it on a ridiculously hot summer day. (In the air conditioning, obviously!)
What I thought:
- YUM. YUM. YUM.
- Despite being frozen, the vegetables tasted super fresh and flavorful, not at all mushy like you sometimes get with a canned soup.
- Ingredients are wholesome, natural, and contain words that I can read.
- A good size serving for only 90 calories.
- Fun, letter-shaped pasta might make Joey interested in eating it too.
- Very filling and satisfying.
- Overall, a really good lunch choice for me as it's convenient, healthy, and takes hardly any time to prepare.
My standard giveaway rules apply, in case you forgot, here they are:
10 additional entries can be earned by doing some or all of the following: (leave an additional comment for each entry.)
- Become a follower of Thou Shall Not Whine (3 extra entries!) *Just click the little "follow" button on the right-hand sidebar, then leave me 3 additional comments stating, "follower #1, follower #2, etc."
- Follow my blog on Facebook (2 extra entries) *click on the networked blog button on the right-hand sidebar, then leave 2 additional comments stating that you did!*
- Grab my button and display it on your blog (2 extra entries!)
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back to it. (2 extra entries!)
- Leave a comment on a non-giveaway post. (leave an additional comment here to count as your entry!)