Monday, July 2, 2007

Rear-facing Infant Restraint

4 out of 5 car seats are installed incorrectly. Improper installation can lead to serious injury, even death in a crash or roll over accident. These are the statistics and scary statements published in parenting magazines and literature. So why, oh god someone tell me why, are we having the most difficult time contacting someone to inspect the installation of our car seat? Ron has called just about every police department within a 30 mile radius, several hospitals, and a few fire departments. Everyone is either on vacation, only makes appointments for Wednesdays (but not this Wednesday, uh... they'll be busy), or doesn't return several voice messages. What is a responsible parent-to-be to do? I have no bloody idea if we've installed it correctly... chances are probably not... (we are usually among the 4 out of 5 in situations like these...) Maybe someone will call us back today. Maybe that's just wishful thinking. Maybe we will actually drive to Groton where Ron's cousin lives and she can inspect it. (she's certified in this, not just a random relative that we trust A LOT) I'll keep you posted.

On another note, it is so freakin hot. Too bad I'm so freakin cheap, or I might just run the air conditioners. Instead I'm sitting here with beads of sweat dripping off my face. That in combination with my 9 month pregnant swollen belly, giant tree stump size feet and ankles must paint a pretty glamorous picture for you. Enjoy that!

No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails