Monday, January 18, 2010

Funneling Beer

"Way to go, Joey!" I said to my little man as he drank from my water bottle.
My husband, puzzled as to why this was a big deal said, "what did he do?"
"I just gave him a sip of water from this bottle, and I realized that he can swallow without closing his mouth." Upon my answer, Ron quietly shrugged his shoulders. He was probably wondering if this was some kind of important milestone that he skipped over while reading the baby book.
"Don't you know what that means?" I asked.
"No," he replied.
"He's going to be like really good at funneling beers and doing keg-stands when he's in college."
My husband hesitated. Finally he turned to me and said, "I'm not really sure you should be proud of that. I think worried is a more appropriate reaction."
I know he's right, but I'm having this vision of an entire party full of people cheering on my son while he demonstrates one of his many God-given talents. And as any mother is when her child shows potential for greatness, I can't help but feel a little bit proud.

No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails