Wednesday, October 10, 2012

C25K -The Mom's Perspective: Week 1, Day 3

Week 1, Day 3:

I have to admit that I surprised myself when I decided to go out running a 3rd time.  It wasn't easy, but I did it.  It had been 4 days since my run on day 2, and that made it especially hard to motivate myself.  If you are thinking about doing this running program, I highly suggest not going more than 1 or 2 days in between runs, as the longer you wait, the harder it is to get back out there.  Look at me now... dishing out exercising advice, like I'm some kind of expert all of a sudden! Yea, hardly an expert.  But it's still probably sound advice. 

It was a cold and kinda rainy night, but I was actually kind of glad about that because it was already dark so the neighbors wouldn't see me, and the weather was more than likely keeping everyone inside and away from doors and windows.  The run itself was basically uneventful.  More of the same, I guess you could say.  I hated every painful running segment, and my brisk walking segments didn't seem very brisk at all.  More like a slow, leisurely pace.  It was all I could do to keep my legs moving after the running part.  I noticed, though, that I must have gone a little bit faster because I went a longer distance.  Hmmmm... maybe I'm improving?  Nah, must have just been luck.  Maybe I cut a corner somewhere, or jay-walked, or something.

Anyway, I got home, stretched, and drank a gallon of water.  Seriously, it probably was a gallon as I got up 3 times to pee in the night.  I had tons of energy that night, and didn't actually get to bed until after 1am.  My kids were still up at the butt crack of dawn, making me a very tired and grumpy mommy in the morning.  Running at 9 o'clock at night probably wasn't the greatest idea.

OK, so now I'm about to make a commitment.  I'm going to keep doing this.  I'm going to give it at least another week before I decide whether or not to continue.  I definitely don't like doing it, but I definitely like the way I feel after I've recovered and into the next day.  I know, I know, it's only been a week.  Hard to make a judgement on the program as a whole when I've only completed 1/8 of it.  Will I complete the other 7 weeks?  I really don't know.  I actually doubt it.  But there will be a Week 2 post... I can promise you that.

No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails