Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Things I Wasn't Aware Of...

Things I've learned by becoming a mom...

1. How squeaky the floors and doors are in my house... so much so that I find myself listening to other people's floors and doors and having squeak envy.
2. I can pee while holding a child. (wearing one in a sling makes this easier, but I've done both!)
3. I've become obsessed with the frequency, color, and consistency of my child's poop, boogers, and earwax.
4. I took for granted the childless trips to CVS, the bank, the post office, and anywhere else that required a quick run-in. (it is now a 10-step process...)
5. Having a night out with friends is an extra-special treat.
6. I can get in and out of the shower in 4 minutes. (and manage to get clean... not just step in and then step out... I can do that in about 2 seconds.)
7. I have fallen in love with the creators of Blue's Clues, Sesame Street, and even (gasp!) Teletubbies.
8. The mall is a fun place to go again.
9. My dog can be really annoying.
10. I've become obsessed with hand-sanitizing, toy-sanitizing, house-sanitizing, and just about any other kind of sanitizing there is....
11. Most of all, I never imagined that I would love someone this much...

No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails