Friday, July 17, 2009

Cute Baby, Can I Borrow 10 Bucks?

This morning I was totally excited to go to the hospital to visit a friend of mine who had a baby this week. I was feeling pretty good, and enjoying my time alone without any kids. After parking my car in the garage, I tossed my keys into my purse and realized that my wallet was missing. It was at home, in the diaper bag (which would normally be accompanying me, but it was a rare solo excursion for me!) Crap, I thought to myself. How embarrassing is it to go visit someone in the hospital and have to ask them for cash to bail you out of the parking garage? I really felt that I had no other choice, though. So I proceeded into the hospital, visited with my friend, held her sweet little daughter, and on my way out of the room said, "Oh yea, can I borrow some cash?" She only had a 10, which I promised to bring over to her house next week. I'm thinking I'll be bringing over dinner as well to make up for being such a dummy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, what words..., a remarkable idea

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails