Everyone is well into the swing of school now, and the Fall has arrived in many parts of the country. With the changing of seasons comes the dreaded allergy symptoms for moms, dads, and kids alike. Does your family suffer from allergies? We do. And it is no fun. Joey and I both have terrible allergies at peak seasons. Luckily, I am a member of the Children's Claritin Mom Crew, and they help me by sharing lots of tips, promotional products, product samples, and coupons.
The following is a list of tips that I received that I would like to pass along to you, to help your family deal with the nasty allergy symptoms. A few things that I didn't know or think of, and hopefully we can all breathe a little easier thanks to Children's (and adult’s) Claritin.
1. Be sure to have Children’s Claritin, the #1 pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy allergy brand, on hand!
2. Multi-vitamins are building blocks to having a strong immune system. Make taking a multi-vitamin part of your child’s daily routine.
3. Let there be light! Mold doesn't like sunlight, so try to keep your curtains open during the day.
4. Did you know that most pillows trap allergens, dust mites, and bacteria? Monitor the cleanliness of the pillow your child with allergies sleeps on and replace if necessary.
5. Back to school season means lots of laundry for many moms. Be sure to remove laundry from the washing machine promptly. Allowing wet clothes to sit in the washer means mold can quickly grow there.
6. Monitor pollen counts and adjust outdoor before and after school activities accordingly. Dry, windy days can be particularly high in pollen.
7. Showering or bathing at the end of the day as opposed to the morning can be helpful in removing allergens from body surfaces and hair.
8. Stay hydrated! Always send your child to school with a bottle of water. Drinking lots of clear fluids through the day can help get rid of toxins and flush out body.
9. Peak pollen production typically occurs in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day.
Disclosure: As a member of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.