Sunday, June 6, 2010

Covergirl ShadowBlast and ShineBlast Review

I was super excited to be invited to the Covergirl Blast Campaign through Bzzagent.  A while back I was a part of the Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Campaign, and because of it I've been using the Covergirl foundation, blush, concealer, and corrector ever since.  So when I received an invitation to try out the newest Covergirl eyeshadows and lipglosses through BzzAgent I was psyched. 

The Covergirl Smoky Shadowblast is a great concept.  It is 100% self contained, meaning no need for additional applicators.  There are two colors, one on each end of the product, and instructions on how to apply it are included on the package.  This product is sold in several shades, I selected the Onyx which is a silver/black combination. I loved the way it looked immediately after application.  I felt that I could use more or less of the product to make the look more or less dramatic.  It is acceptable for everyday use, but also could be used more liberally for a more drastic look suitable for an evening out (what's that?) or special event.  My big complaint about this product is that after a short period of time the color started to fade, and made a cake-like dark line in the crease of my eyelid.  I'm not sure if this is a result of the way I applied it (foundation on the eye vs. no foundation), the HOT North Carolina weather, or a flaw of the shadow formula that Covergirl is using, but I prefer my eyeshadow to go on, stay on, and last for hours. 

As for the Covergirl ShineBlast Lipgloss, I have nothing but great things to say about it.  It is a lightweight formula, lots of shine, and not super sticky as some lipglosses can be.  It had just the right amount of color, and seemed to last for a while also.  I tried the Sparkler shade, in case you're wondering.  I'd love to try out something a little bit darker, it's a good thing my BzzKit came with a couple of coupons to use towards my next product purchase!

Without further ado, here are my before and after pics.  Please ignore my slicked-back hairstyle in these.  I sacrificed doing my hair for playing with makeup.  This mom just can't find time for both right now...

Before:


After:


Shadow Blast Close Up:


By the way, I realize that lots of my posts lately have been reviews/giveaways/brand promotions.  Our life has been busy and kind of stressful these days and I just haven't had a lot of time to devote to writing my usual family stories.  I am not switching gears.  The #1 focus of my blog will always be my children and the funny (or not so funny) things that they do.  A faithful blog reader is a patient blog reader.  If the content today is not what you were hoping for, don't fret.  It will be more relevant again soon.

No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails