Hunger affects 1 out of 6 Americans today. To raise awareness about the fight against hunger, the Pound For Pound Challenge was created, in which anyone (that includes you) can pledge to lose weight while helping a local food bank or shelter of your choosing at the same time. Through June 30, 2010, for every pound you pledge to lose, the Pound For Pound Challenge will donate 14¢ to Feeding America® - enough to deliver one pound of groceries to a local food bank.
I couldn't think of better motivation to start my weight loss journey. Just the idea my small weight loss could help a family in need was enough for me. I pledged to lose 10 pounds by the end of the month. To make this a little easier on me, through MyBlogSpark, General Mills and Kroger sent me $30 in gift cards to the Kroger Family of Stores to purchase healthy foods for my family. And they have another $30 in Kroger gift cards to send to one of my readers who comments on this post. The Kroger Family of Stores includes Kroger, Fred Meyer, Ralph´s, King Soopers, City Market, Dillon's, Smith´s, Fry´s, QFC, Baker´s, Owen´s, Jay C Food Stores, Hilander, Gerbes, Food4Less, Pay Less Super Markets and Scott´s Food & Pharmacy.
To enter this giveaway, leave a comment on this post telling me one way that you *try* to stay healthy. While I'm encouraging you to take the Pound For Pound Challenge and pledge, it is not mandatory for entering the giveaway.
10 additional entries can be earned by doing some or all of the following: (leave an additional comment for each entry.)
- Be a follower of Thou Shall Not Whine (3 extra entries!) *Just click the little "follow" button on the right-hand sidebar, then leave me 3 additional comments stating, "follower #1, follower #2, etc."
- Follow my blog on Facebook (2 extra entries) *click on the networked blog button on the right-hand sidebar, then leave 2 additional comments stating that you did!*
- Grab my button and display it on your blog (2 extra entries!)
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back to it. (2 extra entries!)
- Leave a comment on a non-giveaway post. (leave an additional comment here to count as your entry!)
(Disclosure: Kroger Family of Stores gift card, information, and giveaway were all provided by the Kroger Family of Stores and General Mills through MyBlogSpark.)