Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Little Olivia Update

I could get used to this afternoon blogging gig again.  Seriously, I hadn't realized how much easier (and peaceful) a few hours of 2 children of the same age and gender would be than 3 of different ages and genders.  My house is Q.U.I.E.T. I love it.

I realize that the blog has been a little Joey-heavy lately, so I figured I'd hop on here real quick to talk about one of my other favorite kids.  Olivia.


Sweet, sassy, adorable, Olivia.  Who is really coming into her own as far as personality, sense of humor, and tantrums.  Oh, those three-year-old-girl tantrums.  Oy.  Anyway, Olivia has struggled a bit with speech and vocabulary development, but is doing much better as of recently.  Her stutter was once so pronounced that she would get hung up on every single syllable.  It broke my heart, but we've worked a lot with her and she's really getting quite confident in expressing herself.

Moments ago Olivia came to me while I was standing in the kitchen hovering over my iPad and said, "Mommy, I is hungry."  This just happens to be one of her favorite phrases, since she has recently realized that she can have some influence over what she eats.  Rarely satisfied with anything other than crackers, cookies, or fruit, this little girl has a serious sweet tooth.  I asked her what she wanted to eat and she said, "Ummmm... Cake Pops."  Cake pops?  What a request... Apparently Olivia is thinking that those are just something I keep laying around in my pantry. (I don't.)  I told her we didn't have any cake pops, to which she whined a little and said, "Mommy, but you can just make me some."  I started to laugh a little, told her that I wouldn't be doing that this afternoon, to which she just became increasingly irritated until she was whining and begging me to whip up a batch smooshed cake dipped in chocolate on a stick.

Ultimately I was able to satiate Olivia with a package of Scooby-Doo gummies, (I know, healthy afternoon snack.)  And I'm sure if it were up to Olivia, I should be adding personal on-demand baker to my mommy repertoire.

No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails