Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...

Joey is not so good in large crowds anymore. He has become VERY attached to me when there are lots of other people around. You can see it in his face and by the way his body feels all tense too, so I think we are having a little shy phase right now. It doesn't bother me really, except that people want to hold him and pass him around, and that usually results in several meltdowns over the course of the evening. And the worst is the night that follows. I think because of all the stimulation, noise, people, etc. he has A LOT of trouble sleeping afterwards. He cried pretty much all night for the second Saturday in a row. :( poor little guy. So needless to say, I'm getting a little anxious about what the Christmas festivities will do to him. 3 days of parties in a row, at several different houses, with lots of familiar (and unfamiliar) faces. I think Joey and I will spend lots of our time in a quiet room.

On a lighter (and smellier) note...

he is officially a pooper again (3 days in a row!!! yay for prunes!!!)

And the bumbo seat makes him throw up. I think it has to do with the way he sits in it all scrunched on his belly. Kinda funny, but kinda gross too.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I know the feeling. Gabriella is so afraid of strangers. Ugh and all these people get right up in her in the mall, stores, etc. They have to get so close (even when they see she is straining to get away from them) and talk right at her. So of course she cries. It's really annoying, she was happy in the cart until the person behind me in line had to intefer. It's becoming a major pet peeve of mine.

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails