Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cautiously Optomistic...

Last week I bought a baby sleep training book with the intentions of starting "Baby Boot Camp" in a couple of weeks. I began reading the book to get familiar with what I'd be up against. It focuses on following the baby's natural rhythms and promises 12 hours of sleep at 12 weeks of age. It is not a crazy cry-it-out method, and it does not require rigorous scheduling, so I really feel that it fits my parenting philosophy quite well. Apparently Katelyn has been reading this book while I'm not looking because last night she slept for 8+ hours straight!!! I usually have to wake her every night after Olivia gets up and I finish feeding her. But last night I took a chance in going back to bed after feeding Olivia because Katelyn was so soundly sleeping. And when Olivia woke me up at 6am and Katelyn was still sound asleep I was stunned!!! Could this be too good to be true? Probably. But I am seeing a light at the end of the sleep deprived tunnel.

No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails