Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Am I Asking Too Much?

I have a lot of things on my to-do list lately, but I'm having trouble motivating myself to follow through with any of them. Aside from my daily routine of laundry, dishes, vacuuming, and general clean-up of the toy tornado, these are some parenting objectives that I'd like mastered in the very near future:
  • Get my babies who were fantastic sleepers back on track. How did we go from 10-12 hours to up 3x a night again???
  • Stop procrastinating and go full throttle with the potty situation. He's ready, why aren't I???
  • Get Olivia to take a bottle in preparation for The Big Day. I have to leave her for my dear friend Kate's wedding in a month, and I don't want my baby to starve herself because my breasts aren't available at her beck and call.
  • Ditch the binkie for the walking, talking toddler. We started with bed time only, then bent the rules a bit, then a bit more, and a bit more from there. We're pretty much back to the drawing board.

That is my very intimidating list that is sure to invite many tantrums and lots of crying from JOK. A few less intense, but equally important tasks that must be completed in the very near future:

  • Cook, puree, and freeze the sweet potatoes that are in my fridge before they spoil.
  • Finish the long list of thank you notes on behalf of my children, and be sure to enclose the portrait pictures that we had taken of them with each note.
  • Do the clothing overhaul as we quickly transition from Summer to Fall. This includes: going through J's baby clothes to find some neutral, warmer items that will fit O&K; sorting, labeling, and putting away all clothes that are too small for JOK, locate the clothes that I purchased for J for this fall; put away my summer clothes and find some fall clothes that are a) not maternity and b) not ugly, worn out, or out of style.

I'd like to tackle everything all at once. However, I'm pretty sure I don't have to energy to do that. So creating these lists has helped me to prioritize. We'll start with sleep training the little ones back to sleeping through the night. If I'm able to get a good night's sleep I'll be better prepared to accomplish the rest of my daunting tasks. As of right now, I'm off to bed with yet another hope for a quiet night. Here goes nothing...

3 comments:

Artsnark said...

Good luck with your lists - phew!

Anonymous said...

List, lists and more lists. AH being a Mom! Good luck with it all. By the way - LOVE the new design!

JillDunn said...

I hear you on the sleeping. Megan was sleeping 12 hours then started getting up again and it was so frustrating (then she got two teeth) but know we are doing better for the most part. Good luck to you.

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails