Sunday, September 5, 2010

Worst Blogger Ever

I realize that I've been horrible at updating my blog lately.  Sometimes life just gets in the way though.  I'm sure many of you can relate to simply not having enough time for everything that you want and need to get done in a day.  Here are a few updates for now:

1. We are all moved in and settled in our new home.  We had so much stuff that we had a tag sale shortly after moving in.  I spent a lot of time going through bins of baby clothes, baby toys, baby equipment and a whole bunch of other stuff that we don't have a use for.  Saying goodbye to my children's baby clothes is not easy for me.  I'll be the first to admit that I shed a few tears seeing the teeny-tiny clothes that I once snuggled my babies in.  How could they have grown so big already?  We really feel like we are done having children, so at this point why would I hold on to them?  They are no good to me or anyone else sitting in boxes taking up space in our garage.  So we had a tag sale for a few hours, cleaned out a bunch of stuff, and walked away with 350 bucks.  Not a bad deal...

2.  Shortly after moving in we had our first set of visitors.  My brother, sister-in-law, and their adorable 3 children came to stay with us for a week.  It was a fun, crazy time with 4 adults, 6 kids, and 2 dogs.  Great memories were made, and I can't wait to see them again.

3.  After they left town my children got sick.  They remained that way for what felt like years, but was actually a few weeks.  (still very tough on all involved)  Olivia had a sinus infection, Katelyn had an ear infection, Joey got a very bad stomach flu, Katelyn had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic which led to a few hours at the hospital, Katelyn had a new ear infection followed by a round of steroids and a new antibiotic.  I kid you not... this is how it all went down.  At the end of it all I felt like I had been run over by a truck.  A few times.  Finally (knock on wood) everyone is healthy and feeling good again, and I am getting a full night's sleep most of the time.

4. I've taken up a few more hobbies. Over the course of the last month, I have made 2 dresses, 3 bibs, 1 tutu, and a whole lot of adorable hair clips.  Instead of spending most of my evenings on the computer writing and reading blogs I've been sitting at the dining room table creating things with a glass of wine.  I'll post pics of some of what I've been making soon.  I'm toying with the idea of selling my stuff, but not really sure how I feel about that yet.

5. I am already thinking about potty training the girls.  Olivia pats her diaper and bangs on the bathroom door every chance she gets, and they both like to sit on the potty for a couple of seconds before bath time.  Nothing has happened yet, and I feel that we probably have a long way to go, but the idea of not purchasing diapers anymore has me really excited.

I think that's about it.  I promise to have more frequent posts on here soon... including some pictures and maybe even a giveaway or two....

No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails