Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Princess Mommy

A few weeks ago Ron and I had the most amazing date night.  We went to see Jack Johnson in concert, and had several glorious hours to ourselves enjoying some seriously soothing music and delicious alcoholic beverages.

As the kids ate an early dinner, I went to quickly get dressed for our night out.  I tried to dress appropriately for an outdoor concert, and decided to wear a comfortable, long, flowy dress.  I don't often wear a dress unless we are going to a wedding or other fancy event, so my children rarely see mommy dressed up.  As I walked out of the bedroom to collect my things and kiss my babes goodnight, Joey's eyes lit up.

He said in his most adorable 3-year old voice, "Mommy, you look like a princess!"  My heart swelled at that.  I didn't even know how to respond to his sweet adoration.  He continued with, "dance, mommy.  dance like a princess."  I obliged to his request and did my very best spinning twirl, making my dress balloon out around me.  My little boy admired my less-than-coordinated dance moves with a sweet smile and big old hug with his arms wrapped around my legs.  "I love you so much mom."  "I love you so much too, Joey." 

No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails