Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School Shopping

I learned something new again today: Avoid mass retailers as much as humanly possible the week before school starts. I went to Target today to buy some stuff that we need. Huge mistake. There were so many people there shopping with multiple school-age children trying desperately to fulfill the back-to-school list while remaining within budget (impossible!) And to top it all off, the housewares department was swarmed with dorm-bound college students w/parents deciding which plastic crates will make a nice end table. Ohmygod. It was a madhouse. But I was determined to get my shopping done. I mean, I was there, had child in cart, and list in hand. There was no turning back. I managed to get most of the things off of our list. I never do better than most these days. Shopping with a toddler is like shopping with half a brain. And shopping with a toddler (who was extremely well behaved, by the way) when the store is swarmed with crazy parents and kids is like shopping with less than that. I think I need a nap.

No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails