Monday, August 10, 2009

Growing Up

The time is getting closer. Time for Joey to lose what's left of his babyhood, and become a real boy. Like Pinocchio. How do I know it is time? Because today my son POOPED on the potty. Peed too, but I'm pretty sure that was a result of the pushing of the poop! We got him this little kid Elmo potty yesterday for free, so I think Joey was anxious to try it out. He told me he had to go, off came the diaper, into the bathroom we went and he sat. And sat. And sat. And sat. Nothing. Olivia was crying in the other room, so I went to go pick her up. Upon my return Joey was still sitting. Only something was different. I could *smell* it. Sure enough, I stood him up and there it was! His first official potty poop! We were very excited. We clapped, we flushed, we got a Hershey Kiss! What an exciting Monday morning we had. Is it a fluke? Maybe. But I'm excited none the less.

1 comment:

Jen said...

thats awesome! here's hoping its not a fluke.

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails