Tuesday, August 4, 2009

He Entertains Himself

For Joey, it's not good enough to play at the water table. He has to climb in the water table. At a play date yesterday all the other children were content to stand calmly pouring water in and out of the various containers and toys. My son has to take it one step further. Within moments, he hoists his little legs up and plops himself right into the fun zone. At least he was already in his bathing suit. This kid likes to be right in the middle of things. He has done this before in his sand table at home. And in case you can't tell from the expression on his face, he's quite amused with himself when he does it.
Seeing him do this (and his reaction to himself doing it) at someone else's house got me to thinking ahead to Joey's school days... I know they have activity tables at preschools, which teachers fill with various textured items. (rice, sand, foam, etc.) I can just imagine getting a call from his annoyed teacher someday that Joey pushed the other children away from the table so he could climb in the activity table. Somehow I doubt his future teachers are going to think it's as funny or as cute as I do...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I didn't see him doing that. I was too busy watching Amy take the bucket and move water from one pool to the next.

Jen said...

that totally my son Jake, he has this need to be in the water, no matter how big or small the water container is.

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails