Friday, December 4, 2009

Date NIght: Bella Acts Foolish in New Moon

OK, I won't spoil this for anyone who hasn't yet seen the newest Twilight movie, but I have to comment here briefly about my latest date night. Ron and I went to the movies tonight to see New Moon. We don't go to the movies very often. In fact, I think we've gone a total of 3 times since Joey was born. Including tonight. Wow. That's sad, I know. But as soon as I saw the trailer for New Moon, I just knew that we had to see it in the theatre. And I'm so glad that we did. But I have one small complaint: how can someone do such foolish, dangerous things over and over again? I know it's just a movie, and obviously not real life but elements of this movie seem so real. I tend to get sucked in and forget that it is, in fact, just a movie.

However, it wasn't the vampires' red eyes, pale skin, freakishly fast movements, or quench for human blood that brought me back to reality. Nor was it the unbelievably cool on-screen transformation that turned a bunch of very muscular young men into growling, mouth-foaming, wild dogs. It was the fact that no one in their right mind goes off into the woods (alone) time and time again to be confronted by "thirsty" vampires and ginormous werewolves. I mean seriously, a lot of Bella's troubles could be avoided if she would just STAY HOME. Regardless of this character's lack of good judgement, the movie was great. Awesome special effects, action-packed, and seriously intense. I can't wait for the third! And going out with my hubby was great too. We snuggled, ate loads of popcorn and Reese's Pieces. And we were greeted by a little, smiling, red-headed baby who likes to stay up late as much as her mommy does...

Don't ask me why I chose to write about this tonight. If you are a Twilight Fan, feel free to chime in with a comment about Bella's stupid ways. If you aren't a Twilight Fan you definitely should be... the books are amazing, and I've loved both of the movies so far.

And no, I'm not becoming a movie critic blogger. I'm sticking to what I know... all things mommy. Just off on a little tangent tonight, that's all.

No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails