Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Our Little Bookworm

More often than not, Katelyn prefers to read books over pretty much any other activity or toy that we have.  She frequently sits upstairs all by herself with a big pile of books for hours on end.  Recently, on a lazy Sunday where we weren't doing much of anything at all, I'm pretty sure Katelyn spent a total of over 4 hours reading books to herself.  It is one of the cutest things I've ever seen.  We have even found her reading to a row of stuffed animals or baby dolls that she set up on the floor, although I have yet to capture a picture of that one.

I love how each of our kids truly has their own personality, and I am in love with watching them develop into unique individuals.  I often wonder how the way that they do things now and the things that they enjoy now means in terms of what they will become as adults.  Will Katelyn be as fascinated with books as an adult as she is as a two-year old?  I certainly hope so.  Whether she continues to love books as a hobby, or it helps her to become a successful intellectual, I hope that she never stops wanting to learn in the way that she does now.

Here are a couple of pictures of Katelyn & her books:


No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails