Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My 7 Day Diet- Day 2

Day 2 was a little tougher for me than Day 1.  First off, no fruits.  Just veggies.  All day long.  I like vegetables as much as the next person, but without the sugary sweetness of fruit that got me though yesterday, I felt bored with my choices, and pretty deprived throughout the day.

First off, it felt strange waking up and eating carrots for breakfast.  Almost a whole bag of baby carrots.  I felt like a bunny rabbit by the time I got to work.  For lunch I made myself a huge salad with romaine lettuce, cucumbers, celery, red and yellow peppers, and shredded carrots.  It was yummy, and quite filling.  I used about 1 ounce of balsamic vinegar mixed with 1 teaspoon of basil-infused olive oil, and a little Pampered Chef Bell Pepper Rub Seasoning.  I know it would have been ideal to forgo the dressing on my salad, but really?  I'm not going to eat a salad without dressing.

After work I was feeling pretty good, not as groggy as yesterday with no headache.  I took the kids to the pool for the afternoon so I would not be tempted by the food in my kitchen.  I munched on pepper slices as they enjoyed their nice protein/carb snack of cheese and pretzels.  Oh, how I would have loved to share some of their pretzels.

The only thing that got me through the day without giving in to temptation was knowing that I was having a big baked potato for dinner.  With butter.  I had a big bowl of Cabbage Soup while I waited for my potato to finish cooking, and I've never been happier to see this:


Did I go overboard on the size of my potato?  (that's a salad plate by the way, not a dinner plate!) Probably.  But I haven't had a complex carbohydrate in 2 days.  I've also had very little salt and only a teaspoon of oil as a fat, so I loaded the thing with butter.  Heck, I've earned it.  And when the week is done I highly doubt the size of my potato or amount of butter I used is going to matter as far as poundage lost.

And that's my day, in a nutshell.  Or a lettuce shell, in this case.  No nuts allowed.

Tomorrow is a combination of days 1 and 2, minus the potato.  I'll be glad to have fruit again, but I sure will miss the starchy goodness that I ate tonight.

No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails