Sunday, June 24, 2012

My 7 Day Diet -Day 3: The End

The title of this post is indicative of the reason why I have not finished blogging about my 7 Day Diet.  It's because I did not actually complete my 7 Day Diet.  I quit on Day 3.  It pains me to be a quitter, but for the livelihood of my family, my own general well being, and my sanity it was needed.

Since I committed to blogging about each day of this diet, let me go back to Wednesday and give you a glimpse of what Day 3 felt like... I woke up with absolutely no energy.  I seriously felt like I could not function.  I had hope that with a little fruit first thing in the morning I would perk up.  (Day 2 was veggie day, so I didn't even get the natural sugars of fruit that I had on Day 1.)  I had a bowl of Watermelon and felt bloated, but not full.  I also had a cup of tea because I was still battling my caffeine withdrawal.  Somehow I managed to get myself and the kids ready to head off to school.  (I'm pretty sure I was drooling as I packed their cheese sticks and peanut butter crackers for lunch.)

For a mid-morning snack I had a bowl of cherries.  Those gave me a feeling of satisfaction and fullness, so that was good.  Also cherries take a little longer to eat than other fruits because each one has a stem and a pit to be discarded.  Lunch consisted of Cabbage Soup (ugh), Celery Sticks, and some Kiwi.  The cravings and general feeling of malnourishment lasted throughout the morning, and increased in the afternoon when I came home from work.  I was trying to persevere, as I really liked the 3 pound loss I had seen thus far, and as mentioned above, I really hate to be a quitter.  But my will was weakening dramatically.

My fuse was short when dealing with my kids in the afternoon, and I was really low on energy as well as patience.  I had a whole bunch of things planned to do for my son's upcoming birthday party, but had little motivation and energy to get any of it done.  I did manage to make some squash and zuchinni chips in the afternoon:

One Yellow Squash sliced as thin as possible, spray pan lightly, spray top of squash slices lightly, sprinkle with salt.  I don't have a picture of it, but I did the same with a zuchinni.  Bake at 200 for about 2 hours.


The zuchinni took a little longer (maybe 2 hours, 20 minutes or so), and this is what they looked like coming out of the oven:


They shrink up considerably... this is what my plate looked like with 1 whole squash and 1 whole zuchinni.  I ate these in about 30 seconds.  No sharing took place, as they were too darn good.


5 o'clock rolled around and I fixed my kids their usual dinner of Mac 'n Cheese.  That's when it all fell apart.  In case you weren't aware, I love Mac & Cheese.  So it's no surprise that when I stirred that pot of Annie's Homegrown Aged White Cheddar Shells and Cheese I could not resist having just one bite.  Or four.  After that I texted my friend and diet buddy Kelly who has been depriving herself alongside me.  I made my confession and she wrote back that she just had made a small concession as well.  After some deliberation and an agreement that we gave it our all but weren't cut out for this, we were done.

I went grocery shopping and filled up my cart with English Muffins (whole grain ones), cheese (many different kinds), and some Swedish Fish. (which I ate in the parking lot.)

Stay tuned for my final thoughts on this plan, and the aftermath of fast food cravings that came in the days that followed.

1 comment:

Angie Acapella said...

I know...I hate being a diet quitter too. But thanks for your honesty and for keepin' it real. Having no energy is no fun. I hope you (we) can find something that works well for us one day. :)

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails