Saturday, October 27, 2012

C25K -The Mom's Perspective: Week 3

Week 3 of my Couch to 5K Running Program started about 2 and a half weeks ago.  Sadly, I have yet to move on to Week 4.  I can explain...

Week 3, Day 1:

Oh My God, this was hard.  As I said last week, going from running for 90 second stints to 3 minutes feels like mission impossible.  And it kinda was.  I'm not gonna lie, I had to walk the last minute when I was supposed to be running.  My friend Kelly said to run until I feel like I'm going to fall down, then I can walk.  And I did exactly that.  I felt guilty as hell about it though, and vowed to do the workout in its entirety again the next day.  Until...

WHAM-O!  I got hit with a terrible cold, and had company arriving for the weekend.  Running was not an option.  Between my hacking, nose-blowing, and alternating doses of DayQuil, Tylenol Cold, and NyQuil, it just was not possible.  I was run down and tired from being sick, and I knew I had to give it a break until I was better.

Feeling better this week, I finally got to the gym on Wednesday. (8 days later than my last run!)  I re-did my Day 1 workout.  Without cheating.  I think I coughed up a lung though, and had a terrible night's sleep because I could not. stop. coughing.  Also, I'm more than certain that the people on the treadmills to my left and right did not appreciate the fat girl's huffing, puffing, and now hacking in way too close proximity.  Oh well.  That's what showers and hand-sanitizer dispensers are for, right?

Feeling empowered because I did what I set out to do, despite not feeling 100%, I often remind myself of this pin from Pinterest:

Pinned Image
 
Or this one:


Pinned Image

Week 3, Day 2:

Today I returned to the gym to run again.  Unfortunately, my cough is worse, not better, and the lack of Oxygen was just more than I could deal with.  I found myself struggling to catch my breath as I ran, and in an effort to not pass out, I decided to just walk it out.  So I walked during 2 and a half minutes that I should have been running.  I still managed to go 2.15 miles, but I was disappointed.  My lungs were just not happy.  (Doc appt. is set for Monday, I swear!)  So I'll re-do this day too.  Or maybe I won't.  I'm back to thinking that running is a stupid idea anyway.

To be continued...

No comments:

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails