Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Water in the Wall

Apartment living has its ups and downs just as any other situation in life.  I especially like that there is no maitenence involved.  Something breaks? We make a phone call.  Not 42 trips to Home Depot.  However, I still haven't quite gotten used to having people live above me.  I've never actually met my upstairs neighbors.  I do know that they have lots of obnoxious energetic children, and are awake at all hours of the night.  They are quite heavy footed, and one of their children enjoys running from one end of the apartment to the other around 3:30pm every afternoon. 

I've also learned another interesting fact about the family who lives above us.  They are extremely clean.  Their bathroom is located directly above ours (all units resemble each other in apartment buildings), which is located directly behind the livingroom wall.  So as I sit in my livingroom, I hear the water from the shower upstairs running through the pipes.  ALL DAY LONG.  They shower in the morning.  They shower in the afternoon.  They shower at Midnight.  These people shower more often than anyone I've ever met. 

I thought by now I'd be used to the sound of water trickling through the walls of my livingroom, but I'm not.  I don't think I'll ever be.  Even Joey notices it.  The water starts going and Joey goes to wall saying, "What's that, Mommy?"  And I can't use the word 'shower' to explain it to him, (remember this?) So I usually just say, "Oh, that's just the water in the wall honey." Again.

1 comment:

Sassy Salsa girl said...

At least its not pouring down from the ceiling. That happened to me once. Wasn't fun. May that NEVER happen to you :)

Pinterest

Related Posts with Thumbnails